installing samba on a HP-UX 11.0 server

MCCALL,DON (HP-USA,ex1) don_mccall at hp.com
Thu Dec 28 21:06:11 GMT 2000

Hi,
You know, HP-UX 11.0 ships with two products already there, CIFS/9000 SERVER
(samba version 2.0.6) and CIFS/9000 CLIENT (gives you similar capabilities
to smbmount).  You might want to try using these, instead of trying to
compile/install the 2.0.7 version from scratch. You can use swinstall to
install both or either of the products; they are no-charge. HP is working on
a 2.0.7 version for sometime next year as well.
But I HAVE heard of someone having this problem before - let me see what I
can dig up about the configure script problem...
Hope this helps,
Don