login as root ?

Olaf Solutions samba at olafsolutions.com
Thu Dec 28 20:14:32 GMT 2000

You should not use the root acctount to access samba shares. Its a very
bad idea. Any true Unix administrator knows not to freely use root over an
insecure network.

There is a configuration directive for Samba that goes into the [global]
section.

 invalid users=root

which disables root access. Im not sure if thats a default setting.
It probably is.

Hope this helps,
Steve Maroney
samba at olafsolutions.com