Win98 says that it can't see the users liste when creating a share.

David BOURIAUD david.bouriaud at ac-rouen.fr
Wed Dec 27 11:31:56 GMT 2000

Hi to all !
I've configured a Linux box so as to have samba server running on it.
I've created a workgroup named 'essaismb' and two smb users, david and
jonathan. I've got a win98 box that connects to this workgroup quite
easilly, by saying to windows to connect to WinNT domain (essaismb)
providing username david and my password. I've set up the access control
to user level on the win98 machine. Yet, when I want to share a folder
on that machine, windows keeps saying that it can't see the users list
by now, and that I should try later... I've been trying this for three
weeks by now, and I tend to be fed up with waiting ! What should I do to
have smb answer correctly to windows ?
Thanks by advance for your help !
May All of you have a happy new millenium !
David.