Network hangs and the Computer crashes.

Fredrik Jensen fej40 at online.no
Fri Dec 22 16:49:32 GMT 2000

Hei.

    I have big problem with my linux RedHat 7.0 Guinness, running on a Pentium 233 mmx, with 120 mb ram, two 4.3 gig ultra wide scsi. one 9.1 ultra wide and one 6.4 IDE. The network is on my local lan, around 10 computers, network - running 100Mbps on a SMC EZ Card 10/100, samba version 2.0.7

    My problem is when I try to copy larges files, over 100mb, exsample like a 400mb avi movie from the box, it suddenly crash, and then the computer hangs, (or I don't know if the computer crash, its just a remote computer with no monitor on etc). But I can't ping the computer so the network has to be down. I also tryied to use ftp to copy larges files, it aslo stop there, so I don't know if it is a samba problem or not,

My Global options on my samba is:

[global]
workgroup = Worgroup
server string = File Server