smbwrapper WAS:smbmount

A.J. Leitell lordacid at ispchannel.com
Fri Dec 22 09:09:28 GMT 2000

ok.
<deep breath>

I did a pkgrm on the Binary installation of Samba2.0.7...
then downloaded the source, ran ./configure --prefix=/opt --with-smbwrappers

after the configure finished I ran make.

it goes almost all the way to the end...and then BOOM!

Linking bin/make_unicodemap
Compiling smbwrapper/smbsh.c
Compiling smbwrapper/shared.c
Linking bin/smbsh
Compiling smbwrapper/smbw.c with -fpic
Compiling smbwrapper/wrapped.c with -fpic
smbwrapper/wrapped.c:466: conflicting types for `utimes'
/usr/include/sys/time.h:327: previous declaration of `utimes'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `smbwrapper/wrapped.po'
#

I don't understand why utimes caused it to crap out.

in the configure it read as this:

checking for utime.h... yes

and then further:

checking for utime... yes
checking for utimes... yes

there is a warning during make before the compile fails:

Compiling lib/system.c
lib/system.c: In function `sys_readdir':
lib/system.c:350: warning: return from incompatible pointer type

sooooo any suggestions?

It looked as though it was going to go but the smbwrapper is failing make.
Samba was running when I installed the binary.
system info: Solaris 7x86 on pentium133 with 42MB edo ram... hugeass hard
drive with hugeass partitions for /opt and /usr...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A.J. Leitell