Help with Redhat 7.0 getting Samba running. . .

Scottinfo at excite.com Scottinfo at excite.com
Thu Dec 21 21:19:26 GMT 2000

Hi,

I have Redhat Linux 7.0. I am trying to get Samba running?

I have both complied it and installed it via RPM. But I am totally mystified
on how to get it running. I've used Samba before on two other systems and
was not that hard to get going. But on RH 7.0 I'm not sure where to start.

If I type smbd -D it just starts and stops immediately. Same with nmbd -D
the same thing. The logs show them starting up but they just stop after a
few log entries.

I started swat, but when I try to log in with localhost:901/ it jumps me off
to a Google search!

Can someone offer me some basic pointers how to get Samba running under RH
7.0?

Thanks,

Scott

Send a cool gift with your E-Card