write_socket_data errors. Other solution

Ries van Twisk ries at franksintl.nl
Wed Dec 20 11:26:27 GMT 2000

Hi,

I alway's wonderd wy I didn't had these errors until I removed all my
workstations from my /etc/hosts file.

I remebered that when I started with samba (about 2 years ago) I
had logon errors. At that time I quickly solved it by adding IP
addresses from workstations into my hosts file like this.

192.168.4.32
192.168.4.33
192.168.4.34

Just the IP address, not a host name. (Also at that time I just started
with Linux)

Maby this is a quick and dirty fix for those who are not beable to set
up a reverse DNS.

If this 'solution' is already been addresses I'm sorry for the double
respond.

Regards,
Ries van Twisk