Samba in internet

George Schindler jiri.schindler at volny.cz
Tue Dec 19 14:15:16 GMT 2000

Hello all,
can you help me please with one thing. I have alredy setup samba server in
our office and everybody can go there by \\server_ip_address\folder and now
I try to setup it so, that everybody from another location in internet will
be possible to connect to our server (server has internet ip address, and
private ip adress too for our office and ftp works there good). But when I
try from another location on internet connect to this server by smbclient
//server_ip/public -I server_ip -W workgroup it responds like this:
Connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx at port 139
error connecting to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:139 (No route to host)
Connection to xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx failed
Of course I can ping there, make ftp connections and so on, after this I
tryed to nmap this server from another location than our subnet and I get
information that ports 136-139 are filtered, but ipchains and ipfwadm is not
there ...
Can you help me please.
Thanks
George