Setting up virtual samba servers

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Mon Dec 18 18:07:22 GMT 2000

Michael,

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 12:01:09 -0600, MEwing at berkleyis.com wrote:

>Thank you for the pointer on using "include =" rather than "config
>file =" in setting up the virtual samba servers. I made this change
>and the client systems are now able to connect to the specified
>virtual servers.
>
>I am now running into a different problem.   This one involves
>changing the user's passwords on the virtual server that is
>configured to use the local password file for authentication.

Perhaps you have vital parts of your config in one of the files for the
virtual servers (/opt/samba/lib/smb.conf.%L). Are you sure that
everything what is needed in cases when no server name is known already
is in the master configuration file?

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647