how to veto dot files

Wendy in AZ wendywds at home.com
Mon Dec 18 15:12:59 GMT 2000

Thanks to the Deja archives, I understand that 'hide dot files = yes'
won't work if I have 'show hidden files' checked in Windows.  Which I
do, because I want to see all my files.

Linux files not being very useful in Windows, I'd rather NOT see the
dot files in my home directory when I browse it from Win2000.  I tried
veto files = /.*/ but that caused ALL of the files to disappear.  It's
acting like I would expect
*.* to act.  Doesn't .* mean 'nothing dot anything'?

What is it I'm not getting here?  What is the correct way to keep dot
files from appearing when browsed from Windows?

Thanks!

--
Wendy in Chandler, AZ
wendywds *at* home *dot* com