Wrong file being openned

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Mon Dec 18 08:37:01 GMT 2000

John,

On Mon, 18 Dec 2000 04:03:29 -0000, John Ryan wrote:

>In my [global] section of my smb.conf file I have:
>logon script = bat\startup-%m.bat
>however, It sometimes opens the wrong batch file. Looking at the logs
>below, user "fred" was logging into machine k3-06 and initially opens
>"bat/startup-k3-06.bat" but then suddenly opens "bat/startup-k3-
>27.bat"

These are no names for .BAT files: they are simply too long and get
mangled. Use .CMD files and don't use mangled names.

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.