win95 machine not seeing samba server

Dieter Speck d.speck at gmx.net
Sun Dec 17 13:08:49 GMT 2000

Are you sure your hardware is working correctly? Network adapter, cables
etc? This is what could be different to other machines even if you use the
same image to install.

The first try should be to ping the server from the Windows 95 machines in
question.

If this is successful, share a folder on the Windows 95 machine and try to
access it from the server (smbclient //windows95/share).

If this is successful too, try to get a server-share from the Windows 95
using IP-address instead of computer name.

If this works, write a host file for the windows 95 machine.

If all of the above does not work, I don't know what to do.

Best regards,

Dieter

PS: do you use static IP's or not?