samba on solaris 2.8 not creating STATUS..LCK file

Scott Lawson s.lawson at sghms.ac.uk
Fri Dec 15 16:18:44 GMT 2000

Daniel,

Have you defined the lock directory setting in the global section?

i.e. lock directory = /usr/local/samba/var/locks

It might pay to define another directory and try that as well, this will override the
setting in the compilation. Did you compile the software yourself?

If you can send me your smb.conf I can have a look for any possible errors.

Also you may want to check directory permissions as well.

Scott.