group permissions

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Thu Dec 14 17:07:10 GMT 2000

On Thu, 14 Dec 2000 11:44:40 +0100 (CET), Systeembeheer Max.nl wrote:

>Our users are members of the group Max.
>On our samba-server we've a filemount /html
>In that directory there is a directory apeldoorn.
>Because we've also provide ftp-access to the company that owns
>apeldoorn we had to change the groupownership to apeldoorn.
>Because we want to edit the files inside apeldoorn we've add the
>users that needs access to these files as secondary members to
>apeldoorn.
>Overview
>User		Primary	Group		Secondary Group
>foo		Max			apeldoorn
>editor		apeldoorn
>
>Problem:
>When the user foo is working on the server itself he can write /read
>in the directory apeldoorn.
>But if he is using samba he can't write/read anymore in apeldoorn.
>For the rootdirectory html and the user editor there isn't any
>problem at all.

Make a new share with

  path = htmp/apeldoorn
  force group = apeldoorn

BTW: funny group name, apeldoorn. I thought group names should have a
maximum of characters.

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.