samba printing

Roman, James (J.D.) jroman6 at ford.com
Thu Dec 14 14:32:00 GMT 2000

I set my printers up to bypass my NT domain and print directly to the
printer (using CUPS www.cups.org). Otherwise, your spooling documents to
your Linux box, then to the NT box, followed by the printer. This also
eliminates the need to deal with NT Domain authentication. I like cups
because it allows you to spool to HP's Jetdirect interface directly (on port
9100) instead of their flaky lpd port. Print a test page on the printer to
get the IP address of the printer.

To use SWAT, go to http://localhost:901