group permissions

Systeembeheer Max.nl syshen at penguin2.max.nl
Thu Dec 14 10:44:40 GMT 2000

Hi all,

I'm struggling with the following problem.
Currently we're running samba to let our users work on our
linux-webserver.
Our users are members of the group Max.
On our samba-server we've a filemount /html
In that directory there is a directory apeldoorn.
Because we've also provide ftp-access to the company that owns apeldoorn
we had to change the groupownership to apeldoorn.
Because we want to edit the files inside apeldoorn we've add the users
that needs access to these files as secondary members to apeldoorn.
Overview
User		Primary	Group		Secondary Group
foo		Max			apeldoorn
editor		apeldoorn

Problem:
When the user foo is working on the server itself he can write /read in
the directory apeldoorn.
But if he is using samba he can't write/read anymore in apeldoorn.
For the rootdirectory html and the user editor there isn't any problem at
all.

Any suggestion to solve this problem??

with kind regards,

Tijmen Hennink