more printing problems

Bernhard Nussberger bn at npe.de
Wed Dec 13 16:29:34 GMT 2000

hello together,
I had the following question not too long time before:"I'm using samba
2.0.7 on a SuSE-linux system with two printers (hp-deskjet and
hp-laserjet). when printing from the linux system everything works fine.
but when printing from a windows system every printing job is followed
by an empty page.Is this a driver or a samba problem?"

Now did I state the fact that if I print over samba  a single character
(hex 0C, interpreted as blank or so) is still added to the end of the
print-file. probably this is responsible for the ejected blank page.
Also, this additional single character disturbs only my hp-printers, it
has no effect to epson printers.
already someone had this problem? or how do I become this character
loosely?
for a tip I would be very grateful!
greetings and thanks a lot!
Bernhard