Session request failed (Called name not present) error

Jason Hill jhill at north.com
Wed Dec 13 15:53:20 GMT 2000

Robert,

Yes, I restarted smbd/nmbd after making the change.

Here's the output from

   nmblookup -U 172.16.5.6 -S '*'

querying * on 172.16.5.6
172.16.5.6 *<00>
Looking up status of 172.16.5.6
received 5 names
        LONEPEAK        <00> -         B <ACTIVE>
        LONEPEAK        <03> -         B <ACTIVE>
        LONEPEAK        <20> -         B <ACTIVE>
        TENNORTH        <00> - <GROUP> B <ACTIVE>
        TENNORTH        <1e> - <GROUP> B <ACTIVE>
num_good_sends=0 num_good_receives=0

I appreciate the help.  I've gone through this previously in my debugging
effort.  Everything looks ok according to my Samba book and the
documentation.