Deleted W2K user account

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Wed Dec 13 07:41:06 GMT 2000

Ray,

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 12:17:21 -0500, Ray Ellington wrote:

>I have a Windows 2000 machine that used to connect to the Samba
>server as Tim.

>The machine is named Tim.
>I changed the machine name to SAE

>I deleted the user Tim.
>I am trying to connect as user Administrator now from SAE.

>I am connected as user Administrator from another machine with no
>problem.
>The Administrator account on SAE has the same password as the
>Administrator account on the machine from which I am currently
>connected to the Samba server.

>When I try to connect as Administrator from SAE, Windows is
>displaying the following message:
>Incorrect password for:
>\\Samba\act_data
>You last connected to this computer as TIM\Tim
>
>Keep in mind that the machine name has been changed from TIM to SAE
>and the user account Tim has been deleted.  Why does Samba think I'm
>still trying to connect as user Tim from TIM?  Is Samba seeing the
>MAC address of the machine?

No, your windows box remembers what you were doing in the past. Make
sure the old network drive is deleted and reconnect. In W2K there is a
field for new connections "Connect as". Fill in "Administrator".

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.