Samba sharing an NFS mounted drive (netapp)

Stoo Davies stoo at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 12 23:58:59 GMT 2000

Hi, I hope someone will be able to help me with a strange problem
that started after an upgrade.

A Redhat 6.1 based file server running Samba 2.0.5a has been
sharing /home for a number of months.  The /home mount was
from a SCSI attached RAID array.   We ran out of space recently
so copied the files across to a netapp filer, and mounted /home
from there.  I know the filer can do CIFS, but due to existing
file references and other services we need to maintain the
Samba shares.

Since the move we've started having some file locking problems,
the M$ Access "Too many active users" message makes this look like
the glibc 64bit file locking problem.  My question is wether anyone
knows of problems sharing NFS mounted drives with Samba?

Thanks
	Stoo