Strange passwort authentification problem

Roland Kaeser roland.kaeser at intersoft-networks.ch
Tue Dec 12 17:01:04 GMT 2000

Hello

I have a strange password problem between NT Workstation and samba 2.0.6.

I use NDS to authenticate the users-accesses on my linux-servers. The
NDS creates a user-profile on the nt-workstations with the username and
passwort of the user in the nds. To make samba ready for authentication
to the nds i have reconfigured the pam-config for samba, enabled the the
plaintext-passwords on the nt-boxes, and enabled "encrypt passwords =
no" in the smb.conf.

While the login-script runs, the user is asked again for his password.
The problem occurs only on nt-workstations. Is there any option to tell
nt or samba the its will accept the passwords at first time when the nt
connects to samba?

Roland