Session request failed (Called name not present) error

David McMullen david.mcmullen at theenigma.co.uk
Tue Dec 12 16:13:33 GMT 2000

I have this exact same problem with Solaris 2.7, and seemingly all versions
of samba - I've tried 1.9.18p4, 2.0.7 and even 2.2.0alpha1 and get the exact
same error.

I had 2.0.7 running with the exact same smb.conf under Solaris 2.6 on
another server with absolutely no problems.

uname -a gives:

SunOS chef 5.7 Generic_106541-10 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4

I think this is a Solaris 2.7 thing, as again I can install samba 2.0.7 with
no issues on any of our Redhat 7 linux boxes.

Dave
--
David McMullen
Enigma - "Facing the Future"