Windows 2000 Professional & Samba

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Tue Dec 12 08:40:56 GMT 2000

Karel,

On Tue, 12 Dec 2000 09:04:05 +0100, Karel de Bie wrote:

>I would like to connect to Unix server with our new pc's delivered
>with Windows 2000 Professionnal. I did it before with some NT
>Workstations and Windows 95 Machines, but it appears there's no way
>doing it with Windows 2000 Professionnal...

We do fine.

>Could you confirm, it's impossible to connect my new pc's to Unix
>server or give me an indication how to get connected????

Could you give us an indication what exactly the problem is? What
Samba version are you running? You should deploy Samba 2.0.7 to come
around some known bugs with W2K.

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.