wish list

Peter de Groot pdgtech at kalnet.com.au
Tue Dec 12 07:25:14 GMT 2000

I know that I have had trouble trying to sort out browse
list problems and I see from the list that others seem to
have similar problems.

I wonder if a stand alone program that sits on the network,
and just prints out the browse list synchronizing stuff
would be useful.

I suspect that similar output could be gleaned from setting
the debug level in the nmb program and watching the log file.....
but it would be nice to have a separate program running, so I
could watch what was going on.  Not necessarily as part of the
SAMBA server.

It would also be useful to watch machines join and leave workgroups
and/or domains.

Perhaps also.... keep track of name resolution, whether DNS etc etc.

And .. perhaps trivially .... decode the <1B> stuff into something
that does not require a mental lookup, for those of us that
don't work the stuff all of the time :-)

Sort of like a packet tracer for Windows specific traffic.

Cheers
Peter

              PDG Technical Services Pty Ltd
                      ABN 25077936933
 Peter de Groot                             P.O. Box 10349
  08) 90916817                              Kalgoorlie 6430
 pdgtech at kalnet.com.au                      Western Australia