Win2k Pro + SP1 + Samba + Unencrypted Passwords + Lazy admins..

Steve Williams steve at genie96.com
Tue Dec 12 00:19:26 GMT 2000

Hi,

In getting Win2K with 2.0.7 working, I found I had to add:

   nt pipe support = no
   nt smb support = no

to the smb.conf file.  I am running encrypted passwords though.

YMMV
Good Luck!

--
	Steve Williams, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
	Genie Computer Systems Inc.
	steve at genie96.com

"A man doesn't begin to attain wisdom until he recognizes that he is
 no longer indispensable."
- Admiral Richard E. Byrd ( 1888-1957 )