Browsing question. Please Help.

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Mon Dec 11 16:15:35 GMT 2000

Marko,

On Mon, 11 Dec 2000 08:29:37 -0400, Marko Perich wrote:

>i) 3 broadcast-isolated, routed subnets.

>ii) each subnet have its samba server acting as preffered master,
>    local master and domain master.

I think that's wrong: Only one machine in the whole browsing domain
should be domain master browser (DMB). A DMB does not sync with
anyone, all others are synching with their DMB. If a machine in SN2 or
SN3 finds a local DMB, it will never go to a DMB in SN1.

>iii) every machine has the master browser of WG1 as wins server

Make this one (the WINS box) the DMB, noone else.

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.