Is recompilation necessary?

William Jojo jojowil at hvcc.edu
Mon Dec 11 15:48:24 GMT 2000

Typically, no...it's not necessary unless there are certain features of a
processor you wish to take advantage of by way of IBM's C compiler.

BUT, you must install the binaries in *exactly* the same directory structure as
the previous machine otherwise you will have many problems as those directories
are compiled in at make time.

My advice would be to make a tarball from the root of the one machine specifying
the path of Samba and restore it on the other machine. This will keep the
structure.

Bill