Memory Leak

William R. Knox wknox at mitre.org
Mon Dec 11 12:52:09 GMT 2000

John,
We have had the same problem here with a build with gcc 2.8.1, and, I'm
sorry to say, building it instead with gcc 2.95.2 did not appear to have
any effect. We are running samba 2.0.7, and have about 1000 printers
shared out. It does certainly appear to be related to the print
subsystem. We restart our smbd processes every night to contain the leak
(as well as restarting out nmbd process to ensure registration with our
WINS servers, but that's a separate problem). The restart only takes a
second or two and is at 2 AM, so it doesn't impact service.

--
			Bill Knox
			Senior Operating Systems Programmer/Analyst