smbclient and filename spaces

Cassell, Damon damon.cassell at hammer.com
Thu Dec 7 15:44:54 GMT 2000

Hey, I looked high and low and could not figure this out. Your help would be
appreciated:

smbclient "//nthost/somedir/another dir" -U username%passwd -c "put
some.file"
or
smbclient '//nthost/somedir/another dir' -U username%passwd -c "put
some.file"
or
smbclient //nthost/somedir/another dir -U username%passwd -c "put some.file"

all of these fail with:

tree connect failed: ERRDOS - ERRnosuchshare (You specified an invalid share
name)

But I can successfully copy crap into //ntohost/somedir, so the problem
appears to be the space in the resource name.  How do I tell smbclient to
behave with spaces in the resource?
Your help appreciated. This is a Solaris box and I'm trying to copy
something to an NT 4.0
server.

Damon

Damon Cassell