Group access to chmod

Robert Dahlem Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net
Thu Dec 7 09:15:44 GMT 2000

Michael,

On Wed, 6 Dec 2000 14:48:57 -0500, King, Michael A. wrote:

>Here's my setup from smb.conf:
>
>  [projects]
>    comment = Projects
>    path = /usr/local/projects
>    username = +users
>    valid users = +users +smbadm
>    force group = users
>    writeable = Yes
>    create mask = 0664
>    directory mask = 02775

>What I'd like is either an option (or a permanent feature) to at
>least grant *group* members the ability to chmod a file for NTFS
>fstype shares, and probably grant any user the ability to chmod a
>file for FAT fstype shares.

To always grant *share* users the ability to chmod a file you will
have to add a pseudo user (say: projects), then use "force user =
projects". You will have to "chown projects" all files and directories
in the share.

Regards,
        Robert

Robert.Dahlem at gmx.net           Fax +49-69-432647

Sent using PMMail (http://www.pmmail2000.com) - fast, decent, email
software; far better than Outlook. Try it sometime.