Printer Login Error

Jackson Damien noveau at pmail.net
Thu Dec 7 07:46:40 GMT 2000

At 5:21 PM -0600 12/6/00, Edward King wrote:
>Are you running NT or 9x?

The machine that can get on with no problem is 95, and the one that
is having problems in 98 SE.

>I usually get that error if I log onto server A and then access a
>resource on server B where my password is different.  What logon are you
>using -- windows network or the plain windows?

Client for Microsoft Networks.

>Are you logging onto the domain?  What do the logs on the linux server
>report?  They should show failed logon attempts

How do I tell if I'm logging into the domain?  Which logs should I be
looking at?  I've been looking at the logs in /var/log/samba, which
mainly have show lines like the following:

[2000/12/06 19:10:47, 1] smbd/reply.c:reply_sesssetup_and_X(925)
   Rejecting user 'jdamien': authentication failed

Thanks.