Printer Login Error

Jackson Damien noveau at pmail.net
Wed Dec 6 23:22:58 GMT 2000

I'm sorry to be posting this again, but I didn't receive any
something please let me know about it.

I have tried everything I can think of, short of reinstalling Windows
on the one machine with the problem.   I totally deleted everything
in the Network Neighborhood, and put in everything back in from
scratch.  Still no dice.

I have a 2 Windows boxes that I'm trying to share the printer with.
On one of the Machines (Win98, Novell Client) I cannot access the
printer no matter how hard I try.  Every time I try to access the
Linux box, it prompts me for a password.  No matter what I try to
enter for a password it always locks me out.

It says I need a password to access this resource

Resource \\LOCALHOST\IPC$
Password

I don't get such a prompt on the other machine using the same login.
It just displays my home directory and the printer.

I try to add a Network printer in the Printers folder and it won't
even let me attempt.  It give me an error of "Localhost not
accessible.  No permission to access resource."

Have any ideas?