(no subject)

Don Sutter drs at hevanet.com
Wed Dec 6 22:46:37 GMT 2000

Robert,

I already told you that the NetBIOS Domain Name and the
Internet Domain Name were the same, they are both
suntreeaz.com!  I don't understand why this is such an issue
in your mind.  Please explain.

nmbd is complaining that it is, "Unable to find the Domain
Master Browser name SUNTREEAZ.COM<1b> for the workgroup
SUNTREEAZ.COM".  The private network DNS and WINS Server is
the CHANDLER server at 192.168.254.1.  My /etc/resolv.conf
is pointing to 192.168.254.1 and four other public DNS
servers (two separate ISP's each running two DNS Servers).

Am I reading the error message correctly?  Is nmbd looking
for a Domain Master Browser named SUNTREEAZ.COM?

Don