connections.tdb not initialised in 2.2.alpha1

Edward King edk at cendatsys.com
Wed Dec 6 20:31:19 GMT 2000

Has anyone else gotten this error when installing 2.2.alpha1?

The install is on kernel 2.2.14 which was running samba 2.0.6 with no
problems.

Configure runs without a problem, switches used are as follows:

--with-smbwrapper --with-smbmount --without-ssl --with-syslog
--with-profile --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin
--sysconfdir=/etc/samba.d --mandir=/usr/local/man
--with-lockdir=/var/lock/samba.d --with-privatedir=/etc/samba.d

make and make install both run without a problem, starting is ok and the
shares are available, but when I go for status with smbstatus I get the
error "connections.tdb not initialised"

I cannot locate any tdb files on the system, the tdb test works
correctly.  At this point I'm beginning to search through the code to
find out where it initialises this database.

Thanks!

Ed