SAMBA 2.0.7 - logon problem with character set = ISO8859-2

Ludek Babor Babor at prenosy.cz.glaverbel.com
Tue Dec 5 21:08:55 GMT 2000

Hello,
I installed SAMBA 2.0.7 on Digital UNIX 4.0D. I use security = server,
password server is PDC of our domain. I want to use nonenglish characters
in file names, so i tried to set up these parameters:
character set = ISO8859-2
client code page = 852
but now it is possible to connect to SAMBA share only as "guest". If I
tried to connect as normal user, there is error in log file:
password server PDC rejected the password
I tried to remove parameter
character set = ISO8859-2
and now everything is OK.
My username in NT domain is the smae as on UNIX - baborl.
Does anybody know, where is the problem ?

Best regards
	Ludek Babor			E-Mail: Babor at Glavunion.cz
	System Manager			E-Mail: Ludek.Babor at cz.glaverbel.com
	Glavinfo G.I.E, Teplice		Tel: +420-417-503085 (+420-602-388003)
	Sklarska 450			Fax: +420-417-508085
	416 74 Teplice			FIDO: 2:423/74.13

	PGP key available from PGP key servers (http://www.pgp.net/pgpnet)

	I use MIME ISO-8859-2 friendly software.