Browsing question. Please Help.

Marko Perich mperich at araucaniasur.cl
Tue Dec 5 14:09:17 GMT 2000

Hi gurus.

I have the followin situation

i) 3 broadcast-isolated, routed subnets.
ii) each subnet have its samba server acting as preffered master, local
master and domain master.
iii) every machine has the master browser of WG1 as wins server
iv) each samba server belongs to its own workgroup (WG1, WG4 and WG6)
v) I can browse everything that belong to WG1, WG2 and WG3 fron theese 3
groups
vi) in SN1, I can see all for WG1, wg2 ,wg3 ,WG4, WG6.
vii) in SN2, I can see all for WG4, wg5 ,WG1, WG6.
viii) in SN3, I can see all for WG6, wg7 ,WG1, WG4.

                   SN1       WG1     wg2     wg3
                        --------------------------
                              |            |
        SN2      WG4     wg5                   WG6       wg7      SN3

Now the problem.

It seems like workgroups without a samba server belonging to a subnet can
only be viewed from its subnet.
I've read BROWSING*.txt from textdocs but the example is with only one
workgroup.

Is there any setup to do what i want to do ?

Thanks.