Installation of Samba on HPUX

JON GERDES GERDESJ at gkn-whl.co.uk
Tue Dec 5 10:59:17 GMT 2000

Could you look for log.smbd or smbd.log and see if there are any hints.  Pop something like the following into smb.conf for good measure in the [global] section:

log level = 3
max log size = 50000

This ups the logging detail and sets a maximum of 50Mb on log files (drop this if necessary)

Also please absorb "Using Samba" (O Reilly) which is included in HTML form with Samba 2.0.7 onwards - its a damn fine read and covers virtually everything

Cheers
JG

>>> Wen Yan <wyan18 at yahoo.com> 12/04/00 09:47pm >>>

I just came to this Samba world. I heard about Samba a
couple days ago. I did download Samba 2.0.7 on my HP
workstation (HPUX 11.0). After smoothly gone through
swinstall, I got message "Samba service is started".
But when I typed "ps -ef | grep smbd", there was
nothing.