Installation of Samba on HPUX

Wen Yan wyan18 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 4 21:47:54 GMT 2000

I just came to this Samba world. I heard about Samba a
couple days ago. I did download Samba 2.0.7 on my HP
workstation (HPUX 11.0). After smoothly gone through
swinstall, I got message "Samba service is started".
But when I typed "ps -ef | grep smbd", there was
nothing.

My purpose is to map a unix file system as a drive to
NT system.

Please give me some detailed directions to make this
work.

Thanks very much in advance for any input.

Please reply to wyan18 at yahoo.com

Wen
tel: 416-298-9000 ext 3392