Lotus Notes, Oplocks, and Unexpected Network Error

naughton at domino.danielwoodhead.com naughton at domino.danielwoodhead.com
Mon Dec 4 18:43:35 GMT 2000

We use Lotus notes with email files in mapped home directories on the samba
server. (RH6.2, 2.0.7).  I had seen some information on the list about NT
TSE with the same problem associated to oplock break failures.  I noticed
that if I restart the samba server, every single notes client would have
this "Unexpected Network Error" problem and you have to logoff and log back
on.  Killing and restarting the client didn't fix it.  I don't do that
anymore :)  Now its more sporadic, but still irritating.

Has anyone else seen this with Lotus Notes clients?

Even if you haven't, Notes stores it's data in *.nsf files, would something
like "veto oplock files = /*.nsf" accomplish the same thing as "oplocks =
False" without the performance hit for everything else on the server?

Thanks

Dan Naughton