call_nt_transact_ioctl Currently not implemented

King, Michael A. kingma at Maritz.com
Fri Dec 1 18:21:47 GMT 2000

I have seen several notices that this is an ongoing issue (the first notices
started in 1999 with indications in early 2000 that it was being addressed).
Has there been any progress on the infamous

smbd/nttrans.c:call_nt_transact_ioctl(2516)
  call_nt_transact_ioctl: Currently not implemented.

problem? I've also seen the number 2401 instead of 2516.
Can someone please at least respond how we can help fix the problem
ourselves (where to start might be nice) if you decide _not_ to take any
action? The silence following the previous posters on this same topic has
not been encouraging.

Here's my particulars.