Multiple AFS authentication

Frederic Gilbert Frederic.Gilbert at inria.fr
Fri Dec 1 11:20:26 GMT 2000

Hi,

I have a problem using samba with AFS.

When a user logs in, AFS authentication routines [afs_auth(), via
password_ok()] are called several times:
- one first time from reply_sesssetup_and_X(), with the proper username
and password;
- several other times from authorise_login(), with an empty password,
that lead to
"AFS authentication for "username" failed (illegal key: bad parity or
weak)"

The first successfull authentication seems to be remembered somewhere as
the user is finally properly connected.
The problem for me is that the "bad parity or weak" messages make the
log file grow in an unreasonable manner (I use a debuglevel of 1).

Can someone tell me why password_ok() is called again after a
successfull authentication happened? I could not understand this from
the sources. Is this normal, or is the some parameter to be put in
smb.conf to prevent this?

Best regards and thanks in advance,
Fred.

                    //
                   /^^\
                   \OO/
                   \../
Frederic GILBERT   '\/                     Frederic.Gilbert at inria.fr
INRIA Rocquencourt / SIR
Domaine de Voluceau                        Tel: +33 (0)1 39 63 57 85
BP 105, 78153 LE CHESNAY, FRANCE           Fax: +33 (0)1 39 63 55 96