The opposite of 'veto files ='

reinout.wijnveen at philips.com reinout.wijnveen at philips.com
Fri Dec 1 09:17:22 GMT 2000

Hi,

I am facing the situation were i need to give NT admins access to the homedirectories on a Unix fileserver.
They just need to access a few NT related folders (the rest is for CAD tools), so i'd like to restrict their access to only the relevant folders.

Currently i am using the following approach:

I use  'include = /opt/samba/lib/conf.%U'  to redefine the [homes] section for the admin users to this:

[homes]
   comment = Home Directories Admin
   browseable = no
   guest ok = no
   read only = no
   public = no
   create mask = 0600
   directory mask = 0700
   force user = %S
   valid users = %S, admin1, admin2
   oplocks = True
   veto files = /.?*/bin/
   follow symlinks = no

I'd like to be more restrictive, but in every homedir there are two folders containing the username. So it's difficult to use wildcards. For example in my own directory the accessable list should be:

Personal
Reflection
Windows
notes
wijnveen.pds
wijnveen.wmts.pds

Any ideas to solve this?
Can i use the trick above to share the needed directories explicitly? ( I tried, but failed.)

-
Regards,
Reinout Wijnveen

"All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand"

ICT-N/Philips Semiconductors Nijmegen
Address: AC 0.039, Gerstweg 2, 6534 AE Nijmegen