character handling problem

Simek, Pavel simek at gedas.cz
Thu Aug 31 08:53:14 GMT 2000

Hi,
I am successfully running samba 2.0.7 on SUN Enterprise SERVER 250. We are
using CATIA and there is one special character in catia model filenames.
The character is ? (this is plus over minus as one character, 0177 in
windows environment).
I have set up smbd for client code page 850 and character set ISO8859-2.
Character I got in my explorer is ą (0185 in windows).
I can work with files and everything is ok but displayed filename not !

Example:
Unix file name: A???.model
Win file name: Aąąą.model

Is there any way how to display this character correctly on both systems ?

	Thanks.
	Pavel Simek