RedHat, Samba and Win2000

Matthew Halliday matthewh at fesa.co.uk
Wed Aug 30 11:04:12 GMT 2000

Hi all,

I need to run a test with a RedHat 6.1 Fileserver, and a Win2k client
authenting against a Win2k server and PDC.  They will be set up on their
own little network and I have 2 days to play with it.  At present our
RedHat fileserver deals with all authentication perfectly, and is the
PDC.

 - What are the implications with Win2k and Samba - can they co-exist?
 - Is there anything I need to watch for
 - Does Win2k have a different way of dealing with smb?

I need to start the trial next Tuesday so any feedback prior to then
would be greatly appreciated.

Matt Halliday
Unless otherwise agreed expressly in writing by Fesa UK Limited, this communication should be treated as confidential and the information contained therein may not be used or disclosed except for the purpose for which it was sent.  If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please contact the sender immediately.
WARNING:  Computer viruses can be transmitted by e-mail.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  Fesa UK Limited accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
This e-mail and and attachments may not be copied and forwarded without the written consent of Fesa UK Limited .  In the event of copying or forwarding, the recipient will be required to idemnify Fesa UK Limited against any claim for loss or damage caused by any virus or otherwise.