creat a new folder

Qin Tao qtao at mars.iol.unh.edu
Wed Aug 30 02:16:57 GMT 2000

Hi,

I want to create a new folder in /somepath/group on a linux samba
server machine.  I tried that on a Windows client machine by logging in
as a common user. As a result, I got a message like " Access is denied". I
know one solution to this problem is to change the permission of
/somepath/group  to 777 on the linux machine. However, I wonder if there
is another way provided by samba itself to solve that problem by changing
settings somewhere to samba.(like modifying the smb.conf file, etc)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Qin