Mount point goes invisible

Hal Morris hal at panix.com
Tue Aug 29 16:28:17 GMT 2000

MAIN PROBLEM SOLVED:
My main problem, being unable to effectively mount a W95 directory with
smbmount was strictly a beginner's error.  I failed to set up the
/etc/lmhosts file, and/or did not use a name by which the W95 machine
recognized itself.  It is working now.

I am glad to hear there is a patch for the sort of bizarre and misleading
response I got.

THanks,

Hal Morris: hal at panix.com   --  Editor of:
* H-SHEAR Web pages: http://www.h-net.msu.edu/~shear
* Tales of the Early Republic: http://WWW.EarlyRepublic.net
  Web Resources:  Bibliography, Biographical Dict... (work in progress)
* Jacksonian Miscellanies: free email bi-weekly of source excerpts.