Multpel PDC

Sambit Nanda sambitsun at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 01:08:41 GMT 2000

Hi Group
   I am using SAMBA 2.0 from a long time on My Server
 Which Talking to my Primary PDC  Now i want That
Samba
 should able to Talk to Multipel PDC or One More PDC
 that is on a diffetent Network.

  Now taking to following problem i change

  1. Make trusted both the  NT PDC server
  2. change smb.conf file like Global parameters

        workgroup = NHHQ
#        netbios name = nhct01
        server string = DSLDEV Samba Server
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        password server = nhct-01,scca01
        log file = /usr/local/samba/var/log.%m
        max log size = 50
        socket options = TCP_NODELAY
        load printers = No
        local master = No
        domain master = Yes
        wins server = 216.224.55.254  165.227.227.230
       wins support = Yes
        path = /u12/siebel/siebelfs
        read only = No
        guest only = yes
        announce as = NT Server
        alternate permissions = Yes
        hosts allow = 216.224.55.  209.87.65.
216.175.255. 127. 64.51
.52. 64.51.66. 209.87.64. 209.87. 64.51. 165.227.
        null passwords = yes
[homes]

i also join the domain of my second domain like SCCA
to my samba server and it joined perfectly using
smbpasswd -j scca .....

  But I am not able to use mention two domain name

   Like   Workgroup NHHQ SCCA
if i do theh while i try to access my server it asking
password and user id

    On the above configuration  now my user of second
domain are able to go into the Unix Samba server but
while they try to access the Share folder then it is
again pop up  for user id and password, which should
not be a case

  i do not able to figure out what to do

 I will appreciate for any quick help on this issue

Thanks

Sambit Nanda
Unix Admin