samba as non-root

Tom Warfield twarfield at astcorp.com
Fri Aug 25 14:01:06 GMT 2000

Im not sure on how you would do it but last night i read that you could run
samba not as root.  Something i will try later on a different box, here is
the link of where i found some information about it at:
http://us2.samba.org/samba/docs/man/smbd.8.html

Check out the -p option

After reading over that again today it appears to be fairly complicated.
I thought i had seen it somewhere else and if i come up on that link i will
send you a message on where else i had read about that.

Tom