smbsh - Samba 2.0.7 - Solaris 2.6

Stam, Kurt kstam at lucent.com
Fri Aug 25 13:41:22 GMT 2000

Hi, I just compiled samba (with gcc) on my sparc with the -smbwrapper
option. So far I'm just using the simple smb.conf file. When I log on to the
smbsh I'm able to 'ls' through all the shares; ls /smb gives me all the
members in the workgroup. Also 'cp' to or from the shares works just fine,
however 'cd /smb/<server>/<shared directory>' will just put me in the root
(/) directory and not in the shared directory. I thought 'cd' was supposed
to work.

Anyone any pointers? All other stuff seems to work just fine!

Thanks,

Kurt

  _____

Kurt G. Stam
Lucent Technologies - Bell Labs Innovations, Software Products Group
One Main Street, Cambridge MA 02142-1517, USA

Voice: 	+1 617 528-8115

Fax: 	+1 617 225-2220

Email: 	KStam at Lucent.com <mailto:KStam at Lucent.com>

Local sites : 	SPG <http://home.kenan.com/> ; ArborFM
<http://home.kenan.com/products/arbor_fm/>

Global sites: 	Lucent <http://www.lucent.com/> ; SPG
<http://www.lucent.com/software/>