smbmount problem

Urban Widmark urban at svenskatest.se
Wed Aug 23 20:32:30 GMT 2000

On Fri, 18 Aug 2000, Lindsay Allen wrote:

> The command used is "smbmount //edmund/allen$ mnt username=allen" and the
> error message is
>
> session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
>
> I am running a debian box with samba 2.0.7.  My home NT box is
> configured as a stand-alone server and the school's as a PDC.
>
> Thanks for any assistance.  If this is not the right list for this sort of
> thing, then please let me know.

This is the place. Unfortunately no one seems to answer (or maybe I've
just missed that having been only semi-connected lately).

Not sure what could be wrong, but maybe you should try reproducing it with
smbclient and just play with all the parameters there. I know I have had
to set the workgroup parameter in some situation, but I don't remember
when/why.

Why smbclient? Well, it uses similar connection code and is better
supported. Maybe if you express your problem in terms of what smbclient
does and doesn't you will get more replies.

Of course you have probably already solved this ...

/Urban